KEEN TO JOIN US?
GeoStabilization International® is New Zealand’s leading provider of ground improvement solutions. Our expert teams have been delivering innovative solutions since 1986, and our commitment to excellence has given us a reputation as the best in the industry. Every member of our team stands by our core values:
We take pride in the work we do and the company we work for.
We tell it as it is, and work it out.
We do the right thing by our workmates, our customers and ourselves.
We work together, to be the best each and every day.
Geostabilization New Zealand is a specialist contractor providing design build and solutions based services in the Geohazard and Ground Engineering industry. We have a small but dynamic and experienced team.
The role requires an experienced, commercially and technically sawy Contracts Manager to provide contract, commercial and project delivery support to our small and dynamic team.
The role and duties
The Contract Manager role provides an important, hands on role within the business and would report to the Construction Manager. The role provides support at the front end of the project cycle through to negotiations and then on to project setup, project execution and delivery. The Contracts manager role will provide :
- Commercial, Contract and Project Management support and leadership to our team and the overall business
- Interface with our Project Development Engineers providing the necessary support and handover as required with estimating, contract review, commercial negotiations, project administration and set up
- Work with the design and engineering team on proposals as required
- Project management overview, support and mentoring of field engineers and project managers
- Work closely with our Operations Manager to assist with resource scheduling etc.
- Provide overall responsibility for project management delivery on time and budget and achieving deliverables
- Project tracking and reporting and monthly WIP and business review
- Manage and assign the duties of Project and Site Engineers
- Provide technical and construction advice and overview
- Provide regular reporting, WIP reviews and project
- Manage invoicing, progress claims, variations and Client liaison
- Implement safety, quality and production and implement company core values and culture
The individual must be a team player, excellent communicator, be a self starter and understand the importance of GSI business culture. Experience in commercial negotiations is required along with relevant field and operations experience, excellent verbal and written communication, high level on computer literacy, attention to detail, technical competence, commercial savvy and be a quick learner.
Qualifications and skills
The Contract Manager must have 5 – 10 years of proven track record and a relevant Civil Engineering or Geotechnical qualification
High level of demonstrated commercial skills
Detailed knowledge of NZS 3910, 3915 and 3916 contracts and the NZ construction industry.
Competency in Estimating and job costing software
Experience with Contract and commercial negotiations
Understanding of the Civil construction industry and particularly geotechnical, piling and ground engineering.
The Site Engineer will be responsible for site engineering duties and will act under the supervison and direction of the Contracts Manager. The duties will include checking, ordering and maintaining site inventory, daily reporting, support for supervisor and field crews, ensuring safety, quality and performance targets are achieved, provide project management and engineering support, checking production reporting, measurements, liaison with the Contract Manager and other duties as assigned by the Contracts Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Site and Project Management support to the Contracts manager
- Duties assigned by the Contract Manager and other management
- Project setup and planning
- Develop project budgets, project tracking and manage programme and financial performance in coordination with the Contracts Manager
- Support field crews
- Site set up and setout
- Project reporting as per company procedures and requirements
- Visiting project sites
- Setup and manage Quality control, testing and reporting throughout the project and project
- Maintain site records and daily reports in conjunction with the site supervisors
- Provide support to field crews and supervisors
- Undertake project reporting and tracking
- Undertake company training as required
- Manage project quality control and ensure that safety, quality, performance and company core culture is maintained at all times
- Project support duties as required
- Coordinate project start up with supervisors and Contract Manager
- Help facilitate project logistics as applicable
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout project
- Maintain and update regular reporting
- Deliver projects to achieve targets. Undertake engineering as required
- Become fully conversant with the companys technologies and develop a high level of competency
- Implement the company core values and company culture
- Report directly to the Contracts Manager primarily and to other Management as required
- Undertake specific task assignments as directed
Jet Grout Rig Operators
GeoStabilization International® is a pioneer in the field of geotechnical ground improvement solutions. Our team offers lateral thinking and innovative technology to tackle the toughest engineering challenges. We are known for our operational excellence, quality workmanship, and safe working environments. It’s our team that allows our business to grow from strength to strength, and this is where you come in…
We require experienced Jet Grout Rig Operators to undertake various projects throughout New Zealand. Since these assignments are usually the most awkward and technically challenging that you will find within the industry, we are looking for operators who can think outside the box and tackle difficult and complex operations with a can-do, positive attitude. Safety-conscious individuals are required with experience in drill rig operations primarily in low headroom / restricted access environments. Since our primary work involves jet grouting and soil mixing operations, working knowledge of jet grouting and larger deep soil mixing units and how their technologies work will be an essential part of your initial and on-going career development. In short, you’ll be working with some of the most advanced drilling technology in the current market.
We offer a safe and enthusiastic working environment with excellent long-term employment prospects, good pay rates, and we recognize & reward good results. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to engineering innovative solutions to challenging problems.
If you love to solve problems, want to work hard in an exciting industry, are mechanically inclined, have a high level of integrity, and want a very challenging and rewarding career opportunity, we’d love to talk with you. As a GeoStabilization International® employee, you will be based in New Zealand (Auckland or Christchurch preferable) but travel around New Zealand working on our various soil stabilization, grouting, or foundation projects. You’ll be learning from world leaders in ground engineering who are based in the USA and Europe. We are looking for dedicated and hard workers focused on safety, quality, and production to help us produce a quality product to keep our customers happy.
What we do:
- We are a leading geohazard and ground engineering design-build specialist contractor. We stabilize slips and rockfall hazards to protect people and property from the dangers of Geohazards and also undertake ground engineering to stabilize and solidify complex and challenging ground conditions
- We operate a fleet of modern equipment which includes world-leading technologies for jet grouting in both single, double, and triple fluid up to 400BAR pressure, shallow soil mixing following GPS 3D modeling, and deep soil mixing below existing site water table levels
- All this provides our clients with innovative solutions to complex design issues on their projects
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead by example as an expert in everything done
- Plan and execute your assigned equipment’s day-to-day operation
- Ensure that all staff are kept safe and abide with our safety plans and policies within your work area
- Operate construction equipment such as excavator, all-terrain forklifts, EWP’s, skid steers, and front-end loaders
- Maintaining your equipment to a high standard
- Continually learn new innovative technologies
- Constantly strive to deliver on safety, production, and company targets
- Continually challenging the same old way of doing things – think continuous innovation
- Demonstrate that you understand our culture and core values
- A desire to help others and be the best at your assignments
- Reliability and a strong work ethic
- Geotechnical drilling experience is required; Jet Grout and Soil Mixing training will be undertaken within the company
- Ability to operate a medium size excavator
- NZ driver’s License with WTR endorsements
- Most of all, you will need a sense of humour and be a team player with strong values on culture.
To request an application form, please phone Jane at +64 9 232 7251 or email a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Soil Stabilization Drill/Supervisor
If you love to solve problems, work hard in an exciting industry, are mechanically inclined, have a high level of integrity, and want a very challenging and rewarding career opportunity, then we’d love to talk with you.
As an GeoStabilization International® employee, you will be based in Auckland but get to travel around New Zealand working on our various soil stabilization, grouting or foundation projects. You’ll be learning from world leaders based in the USA and Canada. We are looking for dedicated and hard workers focused on safety, quality and production and to help us produce a quality product to keep our customers happy.
What we do:
- We are a leading Geohazard design build repair specialist contractor. We stabilize slips and rockfall hazards to protect people and property from the dangers of Geohazards.
- We operate a fleet of modern equipment and undertake repairs using industry best practice and leading technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading by example as an expert in everything we do.
- Managing a crew of up to 5 staff.
- Planning and executing the day to day operation of the site.
- Ensure that all staff are kept safe and abide with our safety plans and policies.
- Responsible for quality control of drilling, grouting, facing and wall construction.
- Co-ordinating site operations to ensure we achieve our production targets.
- Maintain a clean and organized construction site.
- Installing soil nails with an excavator and a John Henri Drill.
- Understand and train on how to change drill steel and mix grout.
- Operate construction equipment such as excavator, all terrain forklifts, EWP’s, skid steers, and front-end loaders.
- Hanging reinforcing mesh, geotechnical mesh or building GCS walls.
- Demonstrate that you understand our culture and core values.
- A desire to help others and be the best at it.
- Reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Soil nailing experience preferred but some form of retaining wall construction, grouting or drilling experience is required.
- Be able to operate a medium size excavator.
- NZ drivers License with WTR endorsements.
To request an application form please phone Jane at +64 9 232 7251 or email a current CV to email@example.com